Skip to main content

IF YOU DON'T WANT YOUR MARRIAGE TO BE HELL - PART 13





A great marriage is not far from you. That's if you know what to do. If you don't, it can become hell. In this Part 13 of the series, I bring you 15 more nuggets of truth to help you in your (future) marriage:


181. Why would you continue in a relationship with a man who thinks to do it before marriage is normal but you don’t?


182. Any relationship has the potential of resulting in marriage. The longer you stay with a man, the more your emotions has the chance to take over and silence your mind. You very quickly need to know whether he’s wise by evaluating his values and principles. You need to quickly know whether he is someone you can respect enough to follow his lead were you to marry him.


183. I have heard the statement “I love him” too often as if that’s the decisive factor on who to marry. At this point, the ladies head are usually knocked out. This is one reason why a girl/lady must be submitted to her father/ father figure before committing to marry a man. Where her father so says “No” a lady is wise to not proceed to marry any man, regardless of how convinced she is that he’s the one and how deeply she “loves” him.


184. Many problems in marriage are created by the way the lady raises or lowers her guard before marriage, by what values she upholds and whether she asserts herself or accepts rubbish. Marry someone like you in terms of the you deeply cherish.


185. Cheaters never win. Eventually, you will know how you’ve been cheating yourself.


186. Being a better communicator can save your marriage. Communication is both talking and listening. Listening to what is said and what is not said. Give each other the gift of letting him/her know how you feel. Give each other the gift of active listening.


187. If you want a great relationship you must start with great questions "What do I want in a relationship?” “What will make me stop a relationship?”


188. If he loves you, he will choose you above and in exclusion of everyone else. Don't be a spare tyre. Force him to quickly make up his mind by being decisive. Either way he decides it’s better for you.


189. "But I love him" will not fix everything and often will fix nothing. It cannot even replace the need for you to have a discerning heart or a thinking mind.


190. Have the courage to say the truth. Entering a marriage while hiding a vital information will only blowup in your face in future when the truth comes out and not from you. All things don’t need to be disclosed at once. As a relationship develops you should expect more trust that will provide the context for more unveiling of truth.


191. It’s one thing that you got pregnant. But it’s another thing to get married to the man. It’s another decision to make on marriage. If he does not meet the agenda of who you would have liked to marry, he’s not good to marry. Avoid using pregnancy as reason to marry someone. You can repent, nurture your baby, get hold of your life and still chat a great future.


192. It’s easy for hearts to get cold by little hurts here and there not attended to. It’s easy to fall out of love. It’s easy to become indifferent. Love must continually be fed and nurtured.


193. Whatever you want to see in him/her when married, you should see the seeds of while dating. If you excuse his lack of control now by statements like “men are polygamous in nature,” “It’s difficult for men not to do it,” you are only sowing the seeds that you will harvest if you marry him.


194. You are dumb if you marry someone with the hope they will change when married.


195. Married men should talk more to their wives; married women should listen more to their husbands. Let’s not continue to make Adam and Eve’s mistake particularly now if you are born again and have the nature of the new man in Christ Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY SPOUSE, WE NEED TO GROW UP...✍️

1. We need to grow up and stop this game of tit for tat. It is childish to revenge. 2. We need to grow up and stop this silent treatment that lasts for weeks. Grown ups don't behave like this. 3. We need to grow up and stop talking constanly about our problems and start focusing on solutions. Grown ups act. 4. We need to grow up and stop exposing our children to our drama and issues. We shouldn't act childish in their presence with disunity and attitude, they are under our care. 5. We need to grow up and learn that disagreeing doesn't mean we don't love each other. Grown ups learn to work through the differences. 6. We need to grow up and become accountable and responsible so there is no need to suspect each other. You don't need to police me, I don't need to police you. 7. We need to grow up and stop allowing our parents and friends from coming between us. This is our marriage, not theirs. 8. We need to grow up and stop shouting and provoking each o...

HOW A MAN CAN MAKE HIS WOMAN FEEL SEXY...

1. STARE AT HER WITH DESIRE A woman feels wanted most by how her man looks at her. Men are visually stimulated beings so she will look to see if your eyes tell her 'I want you.' 2. LET HER KNOW WHEN SHE TURNS YOU ON She feels good when she knows she arouses you. If you are near her and with a hard on or thinking about her when you two are apart and find life in your boxer too hard for comfort; let her know. She wants to know she has an effect on you; even after years together she wants to know she's still got it. 3. PRAISE HER BODY Speak it, let her hear you talk so good about her sex appeal. 4. NOTICE HER EFFORTS If she gets a new hair do, a new dress, if she works out; let her know you are paying attention. 5. PROTECT HER FROM HERSELF A woman can sleep feeling sexy then wake up doubting her sexiness. One negative comment from someone can easily make her question her appeal. She might look at herself and not like her body weight, size or shape and she lowers ho...

Everything In My Marriage Changed When I Got Pregnant

I turn twenty-seven this September, and I have been married for almost a year now. Before we got married, my husband was quite the doting partner. He was always in my space and just couldn’t get enough of me. That was one thing I loved about him. It made me feel like he needed me to function properly. That’s the pace our relationship grew at, until we got married. A few days after we got married, I found out that he was cheating on me while we were dating. He had even cheated two weeks before our wedding. I confronted him about it and he admitted it. “Yes, I cheated before we got married and I’m sorry for that. But I want you to know that I respect our marriage vows so I will not repeat that mistake. It ended when we got married, trust me on that.” It was difficult but I forgave him and we moved past it. Apart from that cheating thing, the few months of our marriage were good. We were always hot for each other. I felt that was going to continue for a long time. And then I g...